Title: The Shoulder: New Horizons
Course description: Jo & Jeremy have had the incredible privilege of teaching courses on the shoulder for many years.
Between themselves they have taught in more than 40 countries, to many thousands of participants, including physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, orthopaedic surgeons, general practitioners, sports and exercise medicine doctors and exercise physiologists.
They both passionately believe in taking an evidence-based and biopsychosocial approach in the assessment and management of people who seek help for musculoskeletal problems involving the shoulder. They have wanted to teach a course together for many years and now they finally have the opportunity.
The aim of this course is to share their ideas, which have been informed by their own research and that of others. In addition, the course will explore their shared beliefs and experiences. This course will be thought provoking, and provide opportunity to discuss ideas and share experiences, it will be interactive and is guaranteed to be fun and entertaining.
1. To appreciate the importance of taking a biopsychosocial approach to patient management.
2. To develop a comprehensive subjective and physical evaluation strategy for the shoulder that considers local and referred sources of pain and directs the clinician to develop an appropriate management plan.
3. To develop greater confidence with the physical assessment of the shoulder region and a better understanding of the evidence for the use of the selected assessment techniques.
4. To develop a greater understanding and knowledge of various pathologies of the shoulder region.
5. To develop greater competency in the management of patients with a variety of shoulder pathologies.
6. To review the research evidence relating to the influence of posture and muscle imbalance and its relationship with shoulder pathology.
7. To review the evidence underpinning the pathology, and the assessment and management of various shoulder conditions, including rotator cuff related shoulder pain and frozen shoulder
8. To review the research evidence evaluating the use of diagnostic imaging as part of the management for musculoskeletal disorders of the shoulder.
9. To review the research evidence evaluating the use of injections as part of the management for musculoskeletal disorders of the shoulder.
10. To develop greater confidence in the use of exercise therapy and other techniques for managing shoulder conditions and evaluation of the efficacy of the techniques, balanced against the evidence base for using these techniques.
PARIS : 02 - 03 october 2019
! Cours non traduit !
Venue address : Hôtel Concorde Montparnasse
Place Catalogne – 40 rue du Commandant René Mouchotte – 75014 Paris
Cost : 490€*
Pas de prise en charge pour cette formation !
* 50€ d’acompte inclus dans le prix, sont à régler par CB lors de l’inscription. Dans le cas d’une inscription sur liste d’attente, seul les coordonnées de votre CB sont renseignées et les 50€ d’acompte ne sont pas débités.Voir Conditions Générales de Ventes.